Perseverance is the word...(BM #15)

Jan 18, 2014

...when participating in a blogathon. So, grabbing the opportunity for a tag from JanusRamblings .

1. Are you named after anyone? Nope. The name was given by my father's sister(Aunt), I understand. So, my mom gave me a nick name and that stuck unofficially :)
2. When was the last time you cried? I don't make a note :-P though the major breakdown, recently, was when my baby was few days old and I was overwhelmed with the responsibilities *facepalm*

3. Do you have kids? Yes, a well-deserved one :)
4. If you were another person, would you be a friend of yourself? Err..hmm, depends on the person, really. Am not someone difficult to befriend but am certainly a tough one to sustain.
5. Do you use sarcasm a lot? Runs in the blood(read, Tanjore) *evil wink* but used only if the receiving end deserves it.
6. Will you ever bungee-jump? NEVER! What would my baby do without me? :(
7. What’s your favorite cereal? Am a VIP(Vadai, Idli, Pongal) person :-D.. okay, I lifted that funny acronym from a drama! Few months back, when we moved to the US, my hubby told me, don't take so much trouble, we will have cereal fir breakfast and I stuffed the abhistoo's mouth with Idlis (Note to self - read that book Salt, Sugar and Fat at the earliest opportunity)
8. What’s the first thing you notice about people? Looks and Attitude.
9. What is your eye colour? Brown. How does it matter? Is there any personality trait associated? :-P
10. Scary movie or happy endings? Happy endings ALWAYS!
11. Favorite smells? Rice thats getting cooked, Baby, New books, Filter Kaapi, Coriander leaves, Smoke from a Homam,  
12. Summer or winter? Something in between :-/
13. Computer or television? Computer, Computer, Computer - one that works at the speed of my mind.
14. What’s the furthest you’ve ever been from home? Bangalore. My family was in Chennai. That was for my first job, then I got a transfer in some 3-4 months :-D
15. Do you have any special talents? Nothing that is special.
16. Where were you born? Chennai. Chennai. Chennai. That is all my life is about!
17. What are your hobbies? I dread this question! Few years back, I suddenly had this realisation that I should have an answer when someone ask me this Q and started reading books for which I already had some liking. And am happy am pursuing it. But seriously, I regret that I haven't taken any hobby seriously since my childhood and now dream of taking up gardening, going for a crash course on Italian cuisine, learning a language and more.Wait, this deserves a post :-D
18. Do you have any pets?  No, anything that wiggles when held are scary! (A baby is an exception, ofcourse)
19. Favorite movie? Abiyum naanum, Vasool Raja MBBS, Vinnai thaandi varuvaaya, Mozhi, Kaadhalika neramillai, Ethir neechal, Server sundaram - to name a few randomly.
20. Do you have any siblings? Yes, an elder sis!
21. What do you want to be when you grow up? To be grown up! In all aspects.

5 comments:

  1. Ah loved reading yours. Chennai is what my life is all LOL at the baby exception :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Already done the tag post :)

    The tam bram tanjore sarcasm seems to run in too many families. LOL on that VIP part. btw, I am wondering who told that..it seems familiar. Was it S.V.Shekar or Crazy Mohan or someone else? Enlighten me please :)

    Smoke from Homam? :O

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess I heard it in a Balachander serial, said by Varadharajan.

      Delete
  3. First time here and catching up with your posts ! So true, Perseverance is THE word for blogathon..I can so relate on the hobby part, (I have also had times when I used to think long what to answer , especially when you are new to a company/team), My friend once suggested that "listening to songs, watching movies " are standard hobbies which anyone can say even if they dont really do them. :) :) the VIP one, I'm hearing it first time, :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome Ramya :-) Posting in a blogathon is one thing, interacting is another tough one. I wanted to follow all the blogs taking part in the marathon, there are 62 in total and I just crossed 22(yours)!

    ReplyDelete

Share your opinion. Your comments would make my day :)

Copyright © 2014 Living a Thousand Lives...
Template by These Paper Hearts