Random stuff about me

Feb 21, 2013


I have read many bloggers posting random stuff about oneself and I enjoy reading such posts. Such posts are mostly tags, since am new to blogosphere and don’t have anyone to tag me :-P I take it upon myself to write this post. Haa haa, I wanted to get into some introspection and if not anything it’s going to be self-indulgence to read this few years down the road. Since the list grew too long, I grouped them for the sake of easy reading.


LIKES and DISLIKES 
  • I love reading books and its one habit I am mighty proud of, for not giving up.
  • I can’t really tell what my all-time favourites are. Like fav color, fav food etc. It all depends on the context and mood.
  • I don’t like listening to/narrating movie plots, the kind we all do when in school/college.
  • I wish I had been exposed to (Mind you, just exposed not learnt) Carnatic Music so that I can enjoy the technicalities of music in depth.
  • Am quite ok at doing crafty stuff but everything ends up with a not-so-professional finish. I think this has got to do with lots of motivation but no teacher.
  • I love cooking and watching cookery shows. Inspite of the fact that am a vegetarian, I watch shows cooking non-vegetarian dishes too. I don’t flinch at the sight of meat like some orthodox vegetarians do.
  • I love browsing the internet and am quite good at it. I believe I have an eye for finding the right thing.
  • The most striking feature that I like about myself is my brain :-) Well, you might not be able to see it (pun intended) but am in awe at how it thinks what it thinks, how it arrives to a solution and how it connects the dots.
ATTITUDE 
  • Am highly self-motivated, no matter whatever life deprives me of. At the same time, I lack direction and never seem to know where to start.
  • I don’t rush into friendship or any relationship for that matter. I believe it should grow over the years  naturally and not start with pomp only to be continued with bitterness and grudges.
  • With the exception of first few interactions when I keep my mind open and don’t form opinions, Give and Take is my policy. Be it respect, reciprocation of love/hatred, being in touch, favors. There is no one-for-one, though.
  • The good part is I do, almost everything, with utmost sincerity. And the bad part is I expect it from others too.
  • I hate procrastination. Just do it or better don’t say it.
  • Just because what I do or don't do might not seem right to you, doesn't make me wrong.
  • No, am not rude, insensitive or arrogant. It’s just a reaction. Remember? Every action has an equal and opposite reaction.
  • When I realize it is beyond someone's capacity to understand something, I give up. The universe will take care of them.
I WISH I COULD CHANGE 
  • I am great at losing touch with people I look up to/like/share interests with and NO, am not at all proud of it.
  • I know nothing or little about the Indian political scenario. I have not come across any politician whom I can look upto. It’s always like a choice between known devil and unknown angel. The least I do is, cast my vote.
  • My face is the index of my mind. It clearly shows, much to my embarrassment, what’s on my mind especially when am in disagreement with something or just don’t give a damn.
AM AT PEACE 
  • I prefer peaceful walks and calm dinners to partying or get together with not so familiar people. On the contrary, I love attending weddings inspite of the crowd.
  • I can very well spend time by myself, if I wish to. Actually, I prefer that to uncomfortable company.
  • Am not particularly good at remembering birthdays, anniversaries, firsts etc. Even on occasions I do, I don’t feel the compulsion to wish unless it’s heartfelt or someone who I meet regularly. Mostly, I wish to avoid offending other’s sentiments. I honestly don’t understand the ‘It’s my day, am on top of the world, ALL SMILES’ stuff people exhibit. But hey, that’s MY opinion; I don’t have any personal grudges against people who enjoy special days. But please, don’t force your attitude on me.
  • I don’t have an iota of interest in sports and I don’t intend to do anything about it!
  • When it comes to finances, am very insecure and want enough reserve to meet unexpected circumstances before splurging.
  • Am nearing the end of my twenties and I am not worried/concerned about not having accomplished anything notable so far. I believe 35-45 is the prime in anyone’s life and am sure I will, at the minimum, find what’s my calling by then. Till that time, all I want to do is keep myself motivated and stay positive.
YOU RATHER STAY AWAY, PLEASE 
  • I can’t take too much of incessant talking, boasting, gossiping, looking down at others, sticking one’s nose in, saying something and doing JUST the opposite.
  • Talking over and over about the same thing just for the heck of it and not making a point is a strict NO-NO. Radio Jockeys are exceptions but don’t forget to play few songs in between :-P
  • In a sense, I don’t like being questioned in detail about trivial things. When am into something, don’t ask me every detail about how, when, what, why just for the sake of it unless it’s going to be of some use to you.
  • If you are one of the listed kind, please do me a favor by staying away. 'look at my life, its doomed', 'am just waiting for my end', 'anything is ok, i have no interest you know' 
  • Preach ONLY if you follow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your opinion. Your comments would make my day :)

Copyright © 2014 Living a Thousand Lives...
Template by These Paper Hearts