We Should All Be Feminists

Jan 23, 2018



We Should All Be Feminists
Chimamanda Ngozie Adichie 

64 pages

Fourth Estate; 1st edition (9 October 2014)


‘I would like to ask that we begin to dream about and plan for a different world. A fairer world. A world of happier men and happier women who are truer to themselves. And this is how to start: we must raise our daughters differently. We must also raise our sons differently…’

What does “feminism” mean today?

In this personal, eloquently argued essay – adapted from her much-admired Tedx talk of the same name – Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie offers readers a unique definition of feminism for the twenty-first century, one rooted in inclusion and awareness. Drawing extensively on her own experiences and her deep understanding of the often masked realities of sexual politics, here is one remarkable author’s exploration of what it means to be a woman now – an of-the-moment rallying cry for why we should all be feminists.

Thank you so much SRR(Senior Reading Raccoons group on Facebook) for introducing me to books like this. Every time I browse this group, I start making a mental note of the books mentioned in the posts and comments to look up later(as in minutes later). In a couple of minutes though, I realize I have such limited memory.


Talking about this book, am going to gift this to all the parents of boys I know and then to the parents of girls and then to teenagers and then to... It occurred to me that the book is slightly pricey for its size(first impression). The first impression was soon overcome by the content.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your opinion. Your comments would make my day :)

Copyright © 2014 Living a Thousand Lives...
Template by These Paper Hearts